The deadline for Abstract submission is 29 January, 2019.
may be submitted for oral or poster presentations. Authors are asked
to advise their preference, however it is up to the Committee to select
abstracts for oral presentation.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the website only. Abstracts submitted by email or fax will not be accepted.
authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who
have paid their registration fees by the Early Registration Deadline
will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in all meeting material.
- Abstracts that have been presented at another meeting may be submitted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
of Interest / Disclosure: Abstract submitters will be requested to
confirm that you will declare any conflict of interests in your
presentation at the congress
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details;
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
- - Full first and family name(s)
- Authors' names must be in upper and lower case (J.C.C. Smith)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city state (if relevant), country
- Presentation type: Oral or Posters
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words
- Abstract text - limited to 350 words including acknowledgements. (Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included).
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Table or graphs
- Graphs: You can upload graphs and images in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. The
maximum file size of each picture/graph is 500 KB. The maximum pixel
size of the graph/picture is 600(w) x 800(h) pixels. A maximum of 3
images can be included per abstract.
- Tables: A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
Background and aims
only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in
parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals
- You will receive an abstract reference number via email after you have submitted your abstract.
- After submitting your abstract, you can still make changes up until the deadline.
- After the deadline, no changes will be accepted.
- Abstract topic – select the topic under which the abstract is to be reviewed after consulting the list of topics (will be available soon).
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE SAME ABSTRACT.
If you are unable to submit abstracts via the website, please contact the Secretariat
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY FAX OR EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.